Position Paper Reflection

The purpose of this paper was to choose one of the alternative energy sources and inform how it will help us to produce electricity by taking a position. When in the class we were talking about alternative energy sources, right away I knew I wanted to talk about solar energy and how combining with wind power will generate more electricity. But, as I did a lot of reading and research, I realized it was not an easy topic, there were a lot of positive aspects and some negative aspects regarding solar energy.  However, when I read the research paper “A solar Energy Proposal for the University Kansas” by Dr.Kelly Kindscher, it became much easier to talk about the solar energy because their university want to generate their own electricity by the solar energy and in this research, they raised all the possibilities to use Solar energy.  Also, I read some other articles from the class they were, “Alternative Energy Sources” and “Unlocking Clean Energy”, both of this article helped to understand more about the solar energy and wind power. At the same time, I made sure I must raise point why solar energy is a better option.

Before I start my essay, I brainstorm my thesis, positive and negative aspects of solar energy. Also, I made sure I have enough evidence to back up negative and positive aspects.  My opening sentence was about the United States and many other countries that they are wasting their funding on fossil fuels because these sources are non-renewable sources and they contribute to global warming. Instead of using those funds on fossil fuels, we can use those funds to generate electricity from the sun because the sun is abundant and can be used as long as it exists. After that, I talked about renewable and nonrenewable resources, addressed issues and claimed my thesis. From there, I talk about solar energy and wind power. After that, I addressed concerns regarding solar energy, and back them up with my sources. Also, I used a couple of visual images, they explained how solar panels and wind turbines generate electricity from nature. Some pictures show solutions of energy saving. For example, below picture shows, how we can use solar panels in the street light and parking lot

Figure 1: It shows solar canopies in the street light and in the parking lot.

After writing my paper, I took my position paper to pal-center and my tutor gave me feedbacks to cbdtop.club work on my thesis and I fixed it and show to Professor, then I got feedback from professor and finally, I fixed my thesis. Also, I got feedback from my pay id australian casino peer during the peer-reviewed session. In this paper, I was able to address my opinion by taking positions, but the problem was I had a hard time making the paper short because solar energy is such an idea that I can keep writing about it.

Finally, I made correction of all the feedbacks that I got from the professor, peer, and my tutor. I took this paper to pal-center again. My tutor checked again, he helped me with my grammar. I did correction again and asked my friend to read it for me. Also, in the paper when I talked about solar panels takes a lot of spaces, which hurt the ecosystem, I only talked about solar panels, I couldn’t bring the wind turbines because it was getting too long, and my paper focus was solar energy. Therefore, after all the revision, I submitted my paper.  Also, in the future, I have to be mindful about the length of the paper and how to narrow my ideas and use APA format.